Rescue Me Seasons 1-5 DVD focuses on the professional and personal lives of a group of New York City firefighters in the fictional Ladder 62 /
Engine 99 firehouse. The show mainly follows veteran firefighter Tommy Gavin (Denis Leary) and his ever troublesome family as they
deal with real life issues, either with post 9/11 trauma or domestic problems. Tommy has to struggle with the loss of his cousin and
best friend Jimmy Keefe, who died on September 11, 2001, and frequently visits Tommy in visions. I have never seen a show that
combined comedy and drama in such an intelligent and well-balanced way. The fast paced story lines and periodic shockers keep my
heart rate pumping throughout the showFor whatever reasons 9/11 happened or whoever was behind it, the day has changed things, I
know that I view life differently even now that it's years ago- it still seems like it was yesterday... Tommy Gavin is so real, I
feel sometimes like I know him in real life. He plays a firefighter who survived 9-11 and continues to have encounters with his
cousin who was also at 9-11 but didn't survive. I know that sounds morbid, but it is funny. It's a real man's man of a show. It is
worthy of purchase.
![]()





Bookmarks